As a Club President (CP), you recently received an email invitation to register your team for the Nextgengolf portal, a new tool we have launched that will allow you to register your team, upload your roster, pay team & tournament dues and more. In preparation for our NCCGA State of the Union call (Sunday at 8pm ET or Tuesday at 9pm ET) which will include a webinar tour of the portal, below is an overview of the portal's key functionality.
- Input all key team info per the categories outlined
- Be sure to include a team Twitter
2) Update Team Roster
- Upload your full club golf roster (not just the competitive players, but the whole list) via Excel or individually add players
- The roster email addresses you upload will generate an invitation to each person to create a member profile on the Nextgengolf portal. Players on your team must accept the invitation and complete their profile in order to compete this semester!
3) Pick Starting Roster
- Select 12 players from your uploaded list to receive free Nextgen Collegiate Memberships
- This membership provides an average savings of $20 at 550+ courses
- If your favorite course isn’t in the network, search for your school and suggest your favorite courses close by!
4) Pick Tournament Players
- From your roster, select which players will compete in each tournament (you no longer need to email your roster to your Regional Coordinator)
- Dues must be paid and rosters must be uploaded 1 week in advance of your Regional Tournament
5) Team Fundraising
- Sell NCCGA logo’d Srixon balls at 25% goes back to funding your team
- If your team sells 26-dozen Srixon Z-Stars, you will have raised $300 to cover team dues
A few other key items & topics of discussion for the SOU call:
How do I manage two teams in the portal?
For those with an A & B team, you will want to put 12 players on the A roster and a separate group of 12 players on the B roster. From those two rosters, you will select your tournament rosters for the Regional Tournaments. You will pay for both team dues ($500 combined) and tournament fees (16 players) from the A team. The B team will appear “as paid” since everything is paid from the A account.
Students without a club golf team or in the process of forming one can now compete in Regional Tournaments by paying a $60 joining fee (still includes a Nextgen Collegiate Membership) and the regular greens fees for the tournaments. Individuals who want to play with other friends can simply add their friends to the roster (see step 2 above) and they will be sent an invitation to fill out a profile and can pay their joining fee and greens fees through the portal. Once 5 players have paid, you will created a team, and can represent your school as such in competition.
Not directly related to the portal, but The NCCGA offers exclusive member pricing on Cleveland / Srixon Golf products. Click here to learn more about who has access to this special pricing and how much you can save.