What does a 350 yard drive off Bubba's pink driver sound like? Ever see Fowler's trademark neon orange from 10 feet away? Who wants to see these two Golf Boys while getting on TV as team Nextgengolf follows this dynamic duo on Monday, June 24th at the CVS Charity Classic at the famous Rhode Island Country Club. Nextgengolf members can get buy one get one free tickets using the code CGPGAD (Only $12.50 per ticket)!
As a college student in New England, this is the tournament you should not miss; here’s why….
I've attended numerous golf tournaments in my day, and the CVS offers a much more intimate, fan-friendly experience than more heavily crowded tournaments. Furthermore, the best-ball format and relaxed atmosphere provides a unique venue where pros joke around with and engage with the fans on a completely different level as compared to normal tour events. Along those lines, CGP is shaking things up at the CVS this year:
- Every Nextgengolf member and friend that they bring will receive a Rickie Fowler orange #CollegeGolfBoys tee shirt
- Fowler/Watson group will be the main attraction and our hope is to create some buzz at the CVS tournament by bringing a number of Nextgengolf members to the event
- Opportunity to meet the stars and engage with them throughout the round - this is totally unique and to the CVS and unlike any other tournament atmosphere I've ever seen; fan engagement with the likes of Fowler, Bubba, Bill & Jay Haas, Lois Oosthuizen, Stricker, Annika, Peter Jacobsen and more is why attending the CVS is a no brainer
- Major winners in the field from PGA, LPGA, and Champions Tours
- Get autographs, ball giveaways, and other swag players give away at this uniquely fan-friendly event
And for those who have never attended a golf tournament before, this article on golf etiquette suggests that you should NOT speak to players. We will be changing that as there will be plenty of fan engagement and you will definitely get the chance to speak with Fowler and Watson as we follow them and others throughout the day.
As for some other fun facts about the CVS Charity Classic:
- Players clinic with trick shots and fun demonstrations
- Skins Game (within the broader tournament)
- NEPGA will be there offering free clinics
Most importantly, the number one reason for going to the CVS is that this event raises a significant amount of money for local charities. Since 1999 the CVS has raised over 16 Million dollars for local charities such as City Year, The March of Dimes, and the Autism Project (list of charities)